- Login to Handshake and register for the fair you wish to attend
Update & Complete Your Profile
- Set your profile to “community” for complete access to both 1:1 and group sessions. To do this, click the photo icon at the right-hand top of the screen on Handshake, and select Settings & Privacy from the dropdown menu. Scroll down to the privacy section and select Community.
- Complete your profile to qualify for 1:1 sessions
- Go Under Education in “My Profile” to edit the following information: college, graduation date (called time period), major, and GPA
- Go Under the Name & Photo in “My Profile” to edit: school year
- Fill out Work Authorization under “Settings & Privacy”
Sign Up for Sessions
- You can sign up for sessions that are either group or 1:1
- Group sessions will last 30 minutes with up to 50 students to participate in a presentation/Q&A with employers. 1:1 sessions will be between you and one recruiter and will last 10 minutes.
Upload a Resume to Your Profile
- Employers will want to see your resume, and the only way for them to access it is through your profile. Make sure your resume is uploaded to your profile!
Prepare Talking Points
- Check out how to prepare for your virtual career fair elevator pitch for tips on how to introduce yourself to employers
- Review 10 tips you need to know about attending a virtual fair to help you feel prepared
Double Check Your Technology
- You will need an internet connection, speakers and a microphone (built-in or USB plug-in), and a supported device
- Check out Handshake Video Requirements & Troubleshooting for help