CCAPS students and Individually Designed Majors, undeclared and exploring students (it's okay to be undecided!)
Empathy, Achiever, Adaptability, Positivity, Maximizer
Diversity Training, Involvement & Awards
- Silver Award, Diversity and Inclusion Recognition Program
- GLBT Ally Training 1 & 2
- 7 years involvement in Veterans Advisory Committee
- 5 years involvement in Disability & Career Services Collaboration
- Tate Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Advising
Graduated from the University of Minnesota – twin cities with a double major in Studio Arts and Psychology. Spent a year in social services after graduation before getting Master's Degree in College Student Personnel Psychology. Since then has been a career advisor for CLA, CAPE, Career and Internship Services.
Out Of Work Obsessions
My children and family.
In my first three weeks at the CLA Career Center, I found what I believed to be an injured pet bird outside Boynton. It rode on my finger all the way to Johnston Hall just like Snow White. I brought the bird inside the building and into the career center. As my new coworkers gathered around me, I explained how the pet bird was hurt and could not fly – just as I had spoken the bird took flight off my hand, into the office, and remained on the loose until we were able to recapture it.
Best Part Of College Experience
Having the time and space to explore a lot of different things and to learn from both my mistakes and successes without feeling like either was better.
Favorite Place In The Whole World
Galapagos Islands – snorkeling with my sister was the most amazing thing in the universe.
Best Way To Spend A Saturday
Having fun outdoors with my children and partner.
What's The One Thing You Would Do, If You Were Able To Do It?
How Should Student Prepare For A Meeting With You?
Show up on time and come with the five attitudes of Planned Happenstance:
- Curiosity: Exploring new opportunities
- Persistence: Exerting effort despite setbacks
- Flexibility: Changing attitudes and circumstances
- Optimism: Viewing new opportunities as possible and attainable
- Risk Taking: Taking career decisions in the fact of uncertain outcomes
Best Words Of Advice For Students
Adopt the five attitudes of Planned Happenstance!