Post a Job/Internship
The University of Minnesota career offices use Handshake, an online jobs database where employers can post jobs and search resumes of students across campus. Students and alumni can search this online site for openings and set their accounts so that they automatically receive emails when an employer posts a position that meets their interests. To start using Handshake simply follow the instructions below:
If You Have a Handshake Account
- To post your position(s), visit Handshake
- Click on “Employers: LOGIN”
- Sign up with your email and password
- Add the University of Minnesota to your Handshake account first in order to have your position be available to our students. Click on “Schools” on the left and “Add More Schools” to locate our school.
If You Do Not Have a Handshake Account
- To post your position(s) visit Handshake
- Click on “create your employer account here"
- Use these Handshake guides to Create an Employer Account or Post a Job
Your registration will be approved within 2 business days at which time you may post positions, schedule on campus interviews or sign up for career events. Check out the Employer User Guide for more information on utilizing the features in Handshake.
Check out How to Write a Job Description.
Schedule On-Campus Interviews
To reserve a date and space for on campus recruiting, you will need to visit Handshake using the steps described above. Four weeks notice for on campus interviewing is preferred to allow time to adequately market your opportunity to students. To get help scheduling on campus interviews, contact our Employer Engagement Associate, Sharon Heron at [email protected].